- What are the types of diabetes?
- What are the symptoms of diabetes mellitus?
- Type 2 diabetes is not a sentence!
- What is the average life expectancy for someone with diabetes?
- Is it possible to prevent the development of the disease?
There are two main types of diabetes. In type 2 diabetes, insulin is produced in the body in sufficient quantities or even in excess, but it does not work. Type 1 diabetes is called "youth" because it affects children and adolescents. The disease is characterized by insulin deficiency.
One of the reasons for the high number of cases is the absence of signs at the initial stage of the disease when it can still be stopped. A person sometimes doesn't bother with anything for several years. Type 2 diabetes has distinctive symptoms:
- Constant fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Limb numbness
There are many effective medications for type 2 diabetes. The attending physician prescribes them according to the medical history. The patient has every chance to live a long and happy life if all the doctor's recommendations are followed.